Visual Merchandiser (INTERNSHIP)
Internship - Karachi, Pakistan
The successful Visual Merchandising/Design Consultant will be a self-motivated entrepreneur who is tech savvy, has an eye for colour, design, analytics and home furnishings knowledge. Successful execution is evidenced by creating dynamic visual displays on our showroom sales floor that generates interest by customers, timely flow of product from back stock to sales floor and maintenance of standards for showroom floors at all times. This Visual Merchandiser position is an internship that will last four to six months.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Remain current on design and color trends to create fashionable design solutions.
- Contribute towards the development and on-going upkeep of the team’s design portfolio.
- Manage flow of showroom stock to showroom floor.
- Maintain all merchandising standards.
- Ability to read and interpret a variety of diagrams and floor plans.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the role, including frequent lifting and the use of other equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Demonstrated ability to practice residential interior design including the ability to design and create dynamic furniture displays using color, space planning and accessories.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and approach with demonstrated strong design and merchandising skills, furniture knowledge and strong organizational skills.
- Proven experience with merchandising and design.
- Must provide own transportation.
- Prior Visual Display, Fashion Merchandising, Design experience a plus, but not required.